Monday, April 4, 2016

His Mercies are New


Every Morning.

Every morning, His mercies are new. That amazes me. Just today, I woke up feeling like God was probably unhappy with me. And then, to my wonderment, He flooded me with scripture and songs that spoke of His mercy, His grace, and His love.

This morning, I really felt that God isn't in Heaven waiting to judge us. He is in Heaven waiting for the chance to forgive us. He wants to show us grace. He wants to overwhelm us with his mercy. He wants to forgive us. He wants to give us new life in Him.

Yes, He wants us to grow as Christians and to exercise our faith in discipline. But He also knows our human hearts. He knows that we are weak. He knows that our righteousness is as filthy rags.

And yet He loves us. My pastor said on Sunday that salvation is not fair. That's because NONE of us deserve it. Even those of us that appear to have it all together disappoint God on a daily basis. Sometimes more so than others. Some days, we may seem to glow with His presence. Others, we strive and struggle to even feel His presence.

But God is with us through it all! He does not give up on us. He will not. It is against His character.

So, if you're wondering if God is merciful enough to forgive you this morning, He is. His mercies are new every morning. It is Satan that accuses you to condemn you. God convicts you in order to redeem you.

Isn't that marvelous and miraculous? But that's what God does best. Astounds us with His goodness.

And overwhelms us with His mercy and love.

It makes me think of the words to that hymn:

How marvelous, how wonderful,
And my song shall ever be
How marvelous, how wonderful
Is my Savior's love for me.

No comments: